Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's 10 pm - do you know where your children are?

My boy is currently pounding on the door, calling out "Mama, I'm all done going night-night! I wanna come out!" A glass of port didn't help reduce the stress, nor did watching Susan get some on Desperate Housewives. I can only hope that he will stop kicking his door (albeit gently) soon. If he wakes his sister up, I may have to remove every single toy from his room (I'm sure the tantrum will be heard down in the wilds of Portland). Until then? I think I may get ready for bed, and hope that he doesn't notice my bedside lamp so that I can read until he quiets down - do you really think I can sleep through the pounding and the kicking?? Every now and then he does this, and if Q and I go to bed and are really quiet ("Sssshhhhh... we're hunting wabbits!"), he'll actually get the message. Unfortunately, I want to watch the next disk of Desperate Housewives. I wonder if he'd notice if I used headphones.... Damn you for getting me interested in this show - you know who you are, the both of you!

The good news? Q comes back tomorrow night. The bad news? I think I may have to curtail all future naps - the boy slept for about 2 hours this afternoon. Sigh. Silly boy! Naps are for moms, not kids!

1 comment:

Q said...

I made it back! The kids are indeed pesky after me be gone for 10 days.